2005 Corrections Foundation Annual Golf Tournament
The annual golf tournament is the Foundation’s largest fundraising event and helps raise awareness and funds for Foundation programs, including the Employee Assistance Program.
The Corrections Foundation held its 6th Annual Golf Tournament on Tuesday November 15, 2005 at the beautiful Southwood Golf Club in Tallahassee. After having to reschedule our original date due to a tropical storm threat, we couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day for this special event.
With 136 golfers in attendance from all over the state and the U.S., the event was a huge success. We were honored to have Deputy Secretary, Dr. Laura Bedard participate in the tournament. We were also privileged to have many Department of Corrections staff in attendance for the awards ceremony including: Inspector General Gerald Abdul-Wasi, Assistant Secretary Beth Atchison, Assistant Secretary Millie Seay, Deputy Assistant Secretary Greg Drake, Regional Director Marta Villacorta, Personal Secretary to the Secretary Peggy Proto, Executive Assistant to the Secretary Janice Mortimer and Personal Secretary to the Deputy Secretary Toni McCaskill. We sincerely appreciate Secretary Crosby and Dr. Bedard for their support of this annual event and of the Foundation. We also appreciate the unwavering support of our Board members who were in attendance including our Board President, Louie L. Wainwright, Vice President, Tom Rush, Treasurer, Dave Mecusker, Membership Chairman, Jim Williams, Development Chair, Betty Bennett, Richard Nimer and Robert Woody.
Congratulations to our 2005 Tournament Champions
- 1st Place Gross – Liberty CI – Score of 54Robert Flores, Ryan Seal, Adam Kent and Michael Deason
- 1st Place Net – New River CI – Score of 52Drew Clemons, Marty Davis, Jason Blair and Mike Sutherland
- 2nd Place Net – ProTech MonitoringDick Pierce, Tom Rush, Richard Nimer and Dale Conrad
- 3rd Place Net – Apalachee CIJeremy Edwards, Chris Scribner, Al Solomon, and Bernie Howell
- Straightest Drive on #10Sammy John McAlphin – Washington CI
- Closest to the Hole on #17Eddie Winkler – FSP – 3′ 2″
- Longest Drive on #18Mark Bryan – Apalachee CI
Special thanks to all the participants; we had a great turnout and a great time.
Special appreciation goes to our tournament sponsors. We couldn´t have held such a successful event without their support. Please help us express our gratitude to the following sponsors as you utilize their services in the future.
Gold Level Sponsor
- AD Morgan
- Advanced System Design
- Allstate Electric Contractors, Inc.
- Christian Prison Ministries, Inc.
- Memorial Hospital Jacksonville
- Private Donor
- Shisa, Inc.
- Wainwright Judicial Services
Silver Level Sponsor
- Government Payment Service, Inc.
- Image API
- Marquis Software Development, Inc.
- Dr. Robert Mouradian
- PCS – Public Communication Systems
- Physicians Dialysis of America – Orion Medical Enterprises
- Po’ Boys
- Prison Health Services, Inc.
- Private Donor
- ProTech Monitoring, Inc.
- SouthWood Golf Club
- Terry Yon and Associates, Inc.
Bronze Level Sponsor
- Capital Health Plan
- Capital Insurance Agency
- Cordova Counseling Center
- Edwin Watts Golf
- Golf Club at SummerBrooke
- GrayBar Electric
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Orlando – Altamonte Springs
- James Moore and Company, CPA
- Keefe Commissary Network
- Legion Industries, Inc.
- Logue’s Wallcoverings, LLC
- Northeast Florida Builders Association
- Papa John’s Pizza
- Tallahassee Area Visitors Bureau
We also had excellent door prizes donated and many volunteers who made this event possible. I am grateful to our Board of Directors, staff and volunteers who helped make this event such a success. My appreciation goes to our Board members, Mr. Louie L. Wainwright, Tom Rush, Jim Williams, Betty Bennett, Robert Woody and Dave Mecusker, our staff Chris Akins, Sheila Logue, and Caiti Duval and our great volunteers Rachel MacDougal, Les Dumas, Staci Lilliston, Joy Ailstock, Debbie Kissane and Rida Lewis and our Guest Speaker Bob Cole for their hard work and dedication to the Corrections Foundation.
2006 will mark the Corrections Foundation’s 10 Year Anniversary and we look forward to making our 7th Annual Golf Tournament the biggest and best yet. Mark your calendars for November 2006.
Powered by Facebook Comments