Open Enrollment – Time To Review Insurance Benefits
Time for DC’s officers and staff to review and make changes to insurance for the next year – you have from today through November 14th to do so. From Department of Management Services:
Attention State of Florida Employees:
You have the chance to make any insurance changes you want only once each year, and the time to take action is NOW!
Open Enrollment started Monday, November 7, at 8 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends November 18 at 6 p.m. EST.
You should have received your Open Enrollment benefits package by now. If not, please log in to People First to see your current benefits. You need to be sure that the plans you’re enrolled in for 2012 are correct. Due to federal law, once Open Enrollment ends you can only change your enrollment with a qualifying event (e.g., marriage, divorce, child birth, employment status change). Also check coverage levels and verify that only eligible dependents are covered. Here’s how to see what you’ve got today and to make changes for next year.
Remember these changes for 2012:
- Medco will be the pharmacy manager for all health plans (except Medicare Advantage plans). If you enroll in a health plan, you’ll get your Medco ID card in the mail in December. You must show that ID card the first time you get a prescription starting January 1, 2012.
- HMO choices and service areas have changed. If your current HMO will no longer be available, you’ve been automatically enrolled in a different health plan for 2012:
- If you’re eligible for only one HMO, you are enrolled in the HMO contracted for your county.
- If you’re eligible for more than one HMO, you are enrolled in the PPO plan.
To make a change to your health insurance or any other State Group Insurance plan, log in to People First before 6 p.m. EST, November 18.
Finally, follow these easy steps to have a successful Open Enrollment:
- Visit myflorida.com/mybenefits for more 2012 plan year information and to read the Benefits Guide for 2012.
- Call the insurance companies directly if you have questions about the plans.
- Make changes online in People First to avoid call wait times.
- For other questions, call People First weekdays from 8 a.m. EST to 6 p.m. EST at (866) 663-4735. TTY users can call (866) 221-0268.
Thanks for taking time and action this year to make the best decisions possible for 2012.
Department of Management Services
Powered by Facebook Comments