Dog Training Programs Collection
From October 1st – October 12th Central Office – Carlton and SouthWood will be collecting items to benefit the Dog Training Programs throughout the state. These programs give shelter dogs a second chance and is an effective re-entry program whereby inmates are educated to train dogs in basic dog obedience. DC’s oldest dog program, U.T.O.P.I.A at Taylor C.I., just celebrated their 25th graduating class and more than 500 dogs have found forever homes through the Department’s programs statewide.
Items needed include:
- Dog treats, Pupperoni, or similar jerky style treat that can be broken into smaller bites to be used for training
- Dog beds for the upcoming winter
- Dog crates – large size, metal
- Dog leashes and collars
- Dog shampoo, flea control and oatmeal – itch control
- Gift cards for pet supplies so that items can be purchased as needed, Petco, Petsmart and WalMart are great choices
Also be on the lookout for the Pennies for Puppies containers throughout the buildings at Carlton and SouthWood and join us in donating your pocket change to make a difference for the dogs.
Drop off locations include Central Office – Carlton (Floor M – near elevators) and SouthWood (3rd floor – near elevators).
Powered by Facebook Comments